Thursday, June 16, 2011

Your Dominant Thoughts - How to Take Advantage of Them

Q22YSEDVKEKM (technorati)

A powerful force that should never be disregarded or ignored, self belief is a way of focusing and channeling your own thoughts and energy. Take the time to consider this fully. - MJ

Self belief can be a wonderful thing.

Knowing from my own experience, whenever I have been filled with dread or doubt I could not perform at the level I should have. The other day I was using a hammer and bar to take apart a crate. At the time, I was making quite a noise hammering away when my neighbor came over to the workshop to see what I was doing.

Half-jokingly I said: "I haven't hit my fingers with the hammer yet!" Guess what happened within 5 minutes of saying that...Yee-ow! We've all had something similar to this happen to us at one time or another.

Looking back in retrospect, I was planting the seed in my mind that I was going to hit my fingers with the hammer. My mind set about fulfilling the thought.

Not only do you become what you think about, you do what you think about. Whether your thoughts are positive or negative your mind will act on them.

If you are directed by your dominant thoughts, why not implant your mind with things that will benefit you? For instance, if you really want to become a pilot then concentrate on being one. Become obsessed with it. Learn all you can about it.

Do you think that Michael Jordan became the greatest basketball player of all time by not thinking about and concentrating on the game of basketball? During his brief siesta into baseball he was not as successful. Basketball was his main focus. He couldn't get it out of his mind. So he returned to the sport to lead the Chicago Bulls for another three years before retiring, making yet another comeback, and retiring for good in 2003.

What are your dominant thoughts? Are you thinking about the things that will make you the person that you ultimately want to be? Do you have deep and powerful thoughts about these things?

The first step to becoming the person that you want to be starts in the mind. You then need to set that train in motion.

One thing that can really help you, is to sit down and write out your life goals taking as many pages as you need. After you have crafted your life story the way that you want it to unfold begin summarizing it. Try and get it down to a single page.

Once you have done this you should read it as often as possible. At the very minimum you should read it at least once a day. Preferably you should do this first thing in the morning, and make it the last thing you do before going to bed at night. And then as many times in between as you desire - it really all depends how strong your desire is.

The more times you read your plan, the more it will get implanted in your mind. Remember, your mind does not discriminate between reality and fiction. It will simply act on it - just like my mind did when I joked about not hitting my fingers with the hammer.

Think negative and you will receive negative. Think POSITIVE and you will receive POSITIVE.

Make your plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment